Thursday, February 3, 2011

Finished My Book

How many of you have written a book? Two? Three? How many of you have written three books that no one wants to publish? I have. Well i just finished the third one which i truly believe is 'the one' and only sent out my queries a week ago but so far I've got two rejections from agents who don't even like the idea. Such is the life of a novelist. It's about as rewarding as auditionning for a leading lady role opposite Matt Damon or Brad Pitt or James Franco, t hese days.
What keeps us going? Oh ,oh , i know this because i hang out with a whole plethora of unpublished authors. It is the hope that one day someone will like our voice on the page and believe in us enough to go to bat at the publishing level for us. I happen to be close, i think. Depending on your definition of close. Do i deserve to be published. I don't know yet because i am about as subjective about my work as I am about my daughter;s beauty or my son's soccer skills. But i am closer than i was six years ago when I took pen to hand and said 'I'm gonna write my first novel and get it published'. Back then I was counting the money i'd get and assuming i'd be making mortgage payments by the year's end. If you write a book, it gets published, right? WRong - but the pay off is that you can call yourself a writer. And i do... Enjoy the post.  Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment