Wednesday, March 9, 2011

To Glee or Not To Glee

Last night was Glee. I'm not a Gleek. I've missed some episodes but I basically know what is going on. Firstly let me say that Gwyneth Paltrow is a fantastic shot in Glee's muscled arm. They didn't need to ratch it up but they did with her guest spot last night. I love watching her sing because she looks so scared (and apparently is). It's refreshing.
Secondly i have to say that even my husband commented on how touching the sex speech was from macho mechanic father to Kurt the gay son, on last night's episode. What this show does for teenage gays is ground breakingly beautiful. I find Kurt a bit pompous sometimes but last night's performance broke through and showed us a glimpse of the frightened boy. Now i like Kurt. Simple as that.
Is John Stamos the new husband to the timid celebate teacher? I love that guy and along with the rest of America, believe that if she hasn't done the deed with him yet, there is no hope. Mr. Whatshisname better step in to unlock her chastity belt soon.
OK- Coach Beast. This is a man playing a woman and just because the writers of Glee have made a false web site for Dot Marie whoever, doesn't mean that she exists. I recognise this man from another show, don't you? When googled, the younger photo of Dot Marie Jones does not look like the same person and i challenge anyone to Google that name and still think it's a woman. I emailed a friend whose son works on the set but she's not answering my question for obvious reasons.
REgardless, Glee is a captivating, sex-oriented show that has cover tunes, high school drama, dancing, and is breaking ground for gays. It's not for pre teens and i'm not sure if it's for teens but it's definitely for this former stage actress who loves music and gays. Glee, Tuesday nights. Put the kids to bed first.

No comments:

Post a Comment