Monday, January 10, 2011

Missed Hasselbeck Meeting

Last night my gals met Mark (or is it Mike?) Hasselbeck- the quarterback (or is it quarterbeck?) for the SEattle Seahawks. They were supposedly out for dinner and ran into him and now have posted on Facebook their iphone pictures. I"m jealous not because i even watch football but because they did something out of the ordinary while i sat home watching America's Funniest Videos with my family. True, it's nice to have family time but last night was the latest in a long string of staying home with everyone to snuggle up in the big chair with a dog and a kid and watch TV. Going out for dinner with my friends to watch their excitement at meeting a celebrity would have been fun. It isn't that they didn't try to pry me from the house, knowing i haven't gotten out of my robe for days. They called at 4 to give me the option but i was just getting ready to take my pre-TV nap and i couldn' imagine leaving the house on such a cold day. Even when E told me we could talk about Maui and the possibility of selling something of mine to get me there. That sounded like a good plan but Maui talk could wait until the next day when i needed a reason to get out of my robe. I was already dressed and was already dreaming of getting into jammies for the night at 4. So everyone went out, met Hasselbeck and now i have nothing to write on facebook except how dreary Seattle is in January. If someone phones me today i think i'll pick up and agree to meet them at an invitingly warm, cozy place that harbors approachable celebrities.

No comments:

Post a Comment